Monday, December 5, 2011

"...a whole slew of Pinterest Projects..."

November was a flurry of activity. Suddenly December is upon me and my little boy is one year old. I can't believe it.

Pinterest came in handy for his birthday party. Oh boy, did it ever! I started Bran's first birthday board months and months ago. What started out as a sock monkey theme somehow evolved into a circus theme. The entire birthday party was a whole slew of Pinterest Projects and this is what it looked like in the end...

We did a hot dog bar with tons of toppings.
  • The vintage-looking popcorn bags came from Hey Yo-Yo on etsy. 
  • The blue and white striped paper straws came from Amazon, watch the price, though, it fluctuates.
  • I made the balloon bunting as shown on Design Mom with the help of some lung power from PB and his dad.
Goodies.
  • The red harlequin cupcake papers also came from Hey Yo-Yo - Super-fast shipping, by the way.
  • The cupcakes are chocolate and topped with funnel cake. I attempted little funnel cakes as seen on Bake It in a Cake, but my batter fell apart the second it hit the hot oil so I stuck the crumbles on the cupcakes all artsy and whatnot. 
  • The little elephants belonged to my grandmother.

The Smash Cake.
  • The smash cake was inspired by TomKat Studio. My printer was on the fritz so I didn't print her bunting, and had to make my own, but the idea is there.
  • The cake itself was baked in a large Rotel can. I used the rainbow cake shown on Little Hero Capes as inspiration.

It was a huge hit!
  • I made Branflake's bib using fabric purchased from liveabroad on ebay. 


    We also did a photo booth.

    • Some of the props were free-handed by yours truly, others were printed from Catch My Party. The old photo look is just an effect on photobucket.

    • I adored this sign to direct our guests to the photo booth, but it's one of those "Uploaded by User" links that never lead you to anything so, thanks to The Graphics Fairy and google, I found a hand, lips, and mustache and was able to make my own and will share it here for anyone else that wants it.

      No comments:

      Post a Comment