Saturday, August 13, 2011

"I hate planking."

Day Thirteen. Lucky Thirteen. I am officially on Level Two of my 30 Day Shred and I feel like I'm starting from the beginning. This level has brought with it its own set of challenges.

Good God, does Level Two have a lot of moves that involve The Plank. Ugh. I hate planking. It makes my shoulders burn. But I guess that's the point, isn't it?

The first day was absolute hell. The second day was still pretty hellish. Today was still rough. I wouldn't say easier, just less hard.

I'm not seeing a huge drop in weight like I did during my first week, but I am most definitely noticing how my clothes fit. My energy level has improved greatly. Even my skin has gotten better. And I might be a little bit crazy, but I think my hair is a little shinier and healthier.

I'm still not taking anything; don't really have a lot of desire to. I am, however going to talk to the doctor about weaning at Branflake's next appointment (did I mention I have a nine-month-old now? WOW!). We only nurse regularly in the mornings now, only occasionally in the afternoon or evening. He has no interest. I try, believe me; I still get engorged and have to pump, which is good for my freezer stash at any rate.

I've done two days of 5K training so far. Twenty-five minutes of walking for four minutes, jogging for one. I'm breaking it up into every other day, as the program suggested. The exercise isn't so bad, it's the getting up at 5:30 in the morning that kills me. It's the only time I can go for a run without the stroller because PB hasn't left for work yet and we are still doing our after-dinner neighborhood walks together. It's just a habit I'm going to have to make, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment