Friday, August 26, 2011

Pinterest Project

This one is easy-peasy.


I didn't have freezer paper and I'd be damned if I was going to make a run to the Wal*Mart with the baby in tow, deal with the idiots that I inevitably run into whilst shopping, and then have to stand in a ridiculous line while the only register out of fifty slowly rings up the line of people ahead of me. All for freezer paper. Nope. Not I.

So I pulled out my trusty LocTite spray adhesive and applied a coat to an 8 1/2 X 11 inch piece of printer paper, laid it on my burlap, and cut the fabric down to size.

I opened up Word and because I'm a terrible copy cat and didn't have the patience to look up my own definition of "laundry" I copied Maryann's definition and found a font that I liked (Poor Richard). Once I got everything sized up the way I wanted I hit "Print" on our HP Photosmart e-All-in-One Printer - D110a.

Paper Jam.

So I started fiddling with the printer settings and changed them so the printer thought it would be printing on photo paper instead of regular printer paper (did I say "printer" enough?). I hit "print."

We're in business. And it looks great.

I took the glass and matte out of an old picture frame and laid the whole thing on the matte to see how it would look.  The color of the backing paper was just a fluke (I'd pulled the paper from my scrap pile in case this was a disaster), and I happened to like it so I kept it, but it would have easily peeled off without any mess if I hadn't liked it.

I glued the edges down on top of the matte. The matte didn't have the depth for the nail head pins so I cut the points off with wire cutters, leaving just the nail head and hot glued them to the corners. I then made a couple of flowers by cutting circles of scrap burlap, stacking them and embellishing with buttons before also hot gluing them to the piece. Put it all back into the frame, sans the glass, and that's it.


I turned my Word document into a jpg so I could share it here:

This was a fun, easy project and I'll probably be doing some more burlap printing in the future.

2 comments:

  1. That came out super cute! Thanks so much for including the printable for us. I'm really enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And you're quite welcome :)

    ReplyDelete